09 June, 2011

Time between posts is getting away from me.  I've been busy with things this week and this weekend looks to be even crazier.
When we got home from vacation our upstairs A/C unit (less than 2 yrs. old) leaked through the ceiling onto the kitchen ceiling, arch, and bathroom ceiling.
The A/C company came out and reinstalled the unit (it was supposedly not level or something).  They are taking care of damages thank goodness.  It pays to go with a reputable company.  You pay more but they seem to be doing what they've promised thus far.   When all is over and done I'll let you know if we're still happy. They tore down some of the ceiling, and part of a wall. They have it open and are dehumidifying those areas. So we have 4 dehumidifiers in the house right now.  2 huge units and 2 smaller units.  Talk about noise!  I seriously don't know how I will sleep tonight...or the next few nights.

  In the a.m. I have a book sale to sell lots of my curriculum to get $ for new books for fall.  Then my husband and boys are going to a father/son camp out with our church later in the afternoon.  He'll be headed home by 10 a.m the next morning so he can catch a 1 o'clock flight to Brazil for business for two weeks.  TWO WEEKS!!!  He's been overseas on business many times.  It's always been to Germany.  He only had to do a 2 week stint one other time.

Any-who I was going to make some grilled chicken tonight with black bean salsa but being that the dehumidifier hose is in my sink, and there's drywall dust on everything in my kitchen I opted for a Chick-fil-A sandwich.

Here's one of my favorite summer recipes I'll share with you tho'.   I make it year round but it's great for the hot days of summer because you use the grill.

SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES IN FOIL

  • Sausage and veggies on the grill:
  • 1 pound Italian sausage or bratwurst cut into 1/2-inch slices (I used 1/2 Italian sausage/half turkey bratwurst
  • 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
  • 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
  • 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
  • 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
  • 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
  • 2 potatoes cut up in chunks
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the oil, oregano, parsley, garlic salt and paprika. Pour over sausage mixture; toss to coat. Divide between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around sausage mixture and seal tightly.
  • Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. 
The original recipe doesn't call for potatoes but I think they're a must.  You can really use

whatever veggies you like or have on hand.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment