22 August, 2011

Chicken Burgers and an orzo dish

Costco is a favorite place of mine to shop.  For those of you not familiar, it's similar to a Sam's wholesale warehouse except better.  I've belonged to both and Costco is much better imo.  Unfortunately there are only two Costco stores in the Nashville area.  Both are around 25-30 miles away from me.  Nevertheless I try and trek there at least once a month to pick up surplus size packages of things we use...toilet paper, paper towels, real maple syrup, peanut butter, etc..you get the picture.
My mom in law went with us a couple weeks ago and she decided to pick us up these chicken burgers for our dinner that evening.  My husband and boys turned up their noses and were very skeptical.  I,  on the other hand thought they sounded pretty good.  She also bought some really great chibata sp? buns to go along with them.   I was happy that they all loved the burgers!!  My husband said he would even eat them for his lunch.  A major nutritional breakthrough in DLP's life!!!  :)

They are precooked so you can either just heat them on the grill (how we cooked them first)  or use your George Foreman to heat them well (that's what I did tonight).  You could also use a fry pan or microwave but I prefer the grilling methods.  So, we at them again tonight.  I bought chibata bread since I couldn't find those special buns.  I toasted the bread up which was really good also. 


Nutrition FactsServing Size 1 burger Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 50
Calories 140 % Daily Values*Total Fat 6.5g10% Saturated Fat 2.5g12% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 70mg23%Sodium 560mg23%Total Carbohydrate 3g1% Dietary Fiber 0g0% Sugars 2g Protein 22g 

.  
I served them with this http://allrecipes.com/recipe/orzo-with-parmesan-and-basil/detail.aspx This recipe is super simple and has great flavor  .  You could really switch it up however you like and what flavors you like.  I thought mushrooms would have been really good in it.  I like to brown the orzo really well-like rice a roni.  It tasted better than the picture looks. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment