15 December, 2011

Garlic Rolls

Garlic Cheese Rolls remind me of my childhood.  Growing up in Lincoln, NE, home of the legendary Valentino's pizza restaurant. We liked to order their garlic cheese bread. Valentino's is a Lincoln tradition.  Unfortunately, big business has changed it's quality and taste over the years.  Nevertheless, we still enjoy visiting whenever we're home.  Just forego the buffet and carry out one of their pizzas.  Their "Special" pizza was always my favorite.  I've never had any other pizza that tastes like it.

Back to the rolls- - -I'm kind of a garlic bread forager.  If there's any kind of left over bread on my counter, chances are it will be made into some garlic bread with the next meal.  It called being resourceful. :)

I like to kick up my GCR by using some Parmigiano Reggiano (always freshly grated) on top.
I used some Publix bakery hamburger buns.  Their bakery bread is pretty good for a grocery chain. You could use whatever bread you've got on hand.
Turn on your broiler.
Split the buns in half
Spread butter over rolls.
Lightly sprinkle some garlic salt on top
Cover with about 1 T. (or more) of Parmigiano Reggiano freshly grated.
Put them under the broiler and watch closely.  They should be browned and the cheese bubbly.

Enjoy!

1 comment: