18 April, 2013

Cheddar Bay Biscuits


When I was a kid Red Lobster was one of my favorite places to eat.  I didn't get to go very often, so it was special when we did.  The Cheddar Bay biscuits were the best part of the meal. I think I could make a meal with just a basket of those.

These days, we don't frequent R.L. too often, but when we do my kids are the same way.  They are usually filled up on bread by the time their food gets to the table.

   I first made these several years ago.  I decided to make them again tonight after my kids had mentioned them.  I'd forgotten how good they are.  The perfect accompaniment to your main dish and salad.  Or, if the kids are gone, a meal all by themselves.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits at home...
4 c. baking mix (such as Bisquick of Jiffy)
4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/3 c. water
1/2 melted butter
1 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. onion powder
1/8 t. parsley

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F  Spray or grease your cookie sheet. .In a mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese, and water. Mix until dough is firm. Drop spoonfuls of dough on the prepared pan.Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, salt, onion powder and parsley. Brush over baked biscuits immediately upon removing from oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment