10 September, 2014

Oven Risotto

Oven Risotto
Organizing my cupboards today i came across a small bag of arborio rice.  I believe i used it in some avgolemono i made earlier this year (one of my favorites!)
I decided to make some risotto for dinner and went to the web to hunt for a recipe. I've made risotto a few times...I don't think it's hard to make..just a little time consuming.
I was pretty excited when i came across quite a few recipes for making it in the oven!  No standing over the pot and stirring for 30 minutes! Yay! 
I'm just going to say this may be the easiest thing i've ever made that was this incredible tasting!  I will never make risotto the old way again!  You're in for some yum!  

 Oven Risotto: serves 4
1 1/2 c. arborio rice
5 c. HOT chicken broth, divided
1 c. fresh grated parmesan
1/2 c. dry white wine
3 T. butter
1 t. kosher salt
lots of fresh ground pepper
1 c. frozen peas (optional)
Preheat oven to 350.
Put the rice and 4 cups of your HOT chicken stock (microwave the broth or simmer on stove. it MUST BE HOT!!) into a oven safe dutch oven.  Cover with lid and bake 35-45 minutes (check at 35 min) until most of the broth is absorbed and rice is tender.  Removed it from the oven and add your other cup of chicken stock, cheese, wine, butter, salt and pepper and stir well until all is melted.  Add peas if desired and stir until they're heated. Serve it as a side dish, in place of mashed potatoes, or just by itself. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment