22 July, 2010


 Quito, Ecuador South America 1984 A photo of my church youth group missions trip.  I am in the middle with the white shirt clutching my bag.  The little boy to the right of me took quite a liking to me and I ended up giving him my sunglasses when we left since he liked them so much.  The two boys in the front row were handicapped brothers with some muscular disease.  They both sat in their little chairs since they couldn't walk, and they were always smiling.  Their house was in very poor condition (notice behind us)  We poured concrete and did repairs to their house.  Everyone was exhausted after that day but so glad we were able to help.  After witnessing people in those desperate situations you learn to appreciate what you have (which is immense compared to these people).  Don't take anything for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment