28 February, 2011

My daddy MacBook has finally returned to me!  Yay!  Unfortunately everything had to be deleted and reformatted.  I believe I've lost a lot of pictures and that's just the beginning.  I did a back up, but according to the geeks many files were corrupted.  :(  

Just in recent years I've taken an interest making Indian food.  The rest of my family (excluding my oldest) doesn't share that interest.  I can only hope that in exposing my younger sons to a variety of ethnic foods they will someday expand their taste buds and learn to experiment because you never know until you try it.  

  This time I made Butter Chicken.  The sauce is similar to tikka Masala in looks, but the spices are different.  This is a combination of a couple different recipes I've found.  It's particularly good if you make it one day and eat it the next.  The flavor friends sitting together overnight in the fridge turns friendship into love and it's really worth the wait.  


Butter Chicken:
4 pieces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut Into Bite Sized Pieces)
5 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoons Black Pepper
½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander
¼ teaspoons Cumin
¼ teaspoons Cardamom
1 whole Lime, Juiced
1 whole Onion, Diced
¼ cups Butter
1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 pint Whipping Cream (or 1/2&1/2)
1 bunch Chopped Cilantro, to taste
Basmati or Jasmine rice
Combine first 9 ingredients in a ziplock bag and marinate overnight.
Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream.  You can add the cilantro and eat now.  I like to let it sit in the fridge overnight and serve the next day.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment