23 February, 2011

Waffles

Unfortunately my Mac has been having internet connecting issues.  After trying to get it corrected ourselves we finally broke down and took it into the Mac Dr.  Anyway, that's the reason for no recent posts.  Today I'm attempting to post from my son's pc. We'll see if I can get my pics to download or not.
My boys dig waffles.  My oldest son especially.  He isn't a pancake person so he loves it when I make waffles.  I find it more time consuming and to be honest I really dislike cleaning my waffle iron.  I have a old Martha Stewart recipe I use, but I ran across this new one which is quite similar but uses half the butter of M.S.'s recipe.  Being rushed for time I used canned pie filling but I did make homemade whipped cream. If you have frozen strawberries you could add a little sugar, water and boil it down to a thick syrup.  That is what I prefer, but like I said I was in a rush.
 Buttermilk waffles:
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
1 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda
3 large eggs, beaten well
4 T. butter, melted
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
Mix your flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda with a whisk.  In a seperate bowl combine the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter.  Mix the wet into the dry and blend gently.  Don't overmix.
This made 12 small waffles.  You could easily use all whole wheat or 1/2 whole wheat flour with good results. 

Club sandwich Wednesday. All meat by Boar's Head.  Spend the extra money and get quality cold cuts.  Boar's Head is totally worth the extra money for flavor, gluten and preservative free.  This sandwich is "Jerk Turkey" (my boys' fav), Rosemary and sundried tomato ham, Colby cheese, bacon and avocado on top of Publix Italian sandwich bread with Boar's Head honey mustard.  Right on.

No comments:

Post a Comment