12 March, 2011

Frozen cheesecake on a stick

On occasion (usually as the weather gets warmer) I will make homemade popsicles for my kids.  It's fun to come up with different ingredient ideas, blend them together and put 'em in the freezer.  We do this often with juices, homemade ice cream, etc...
The other day I thought about a cheesecake popsicle.  It was just an experiment but they turned out pretty great.  I'll definitely be making them again.  My boys and DLP loved 'em.  You could adjust your ingredients however you like.  Any fruit or berry would work or even crushed cookies/candy would be good.  Frozen cheesecake on a stick.
I used my blender
1 c. frozen mixed berries
1/4 c. orange juice
1/2 c. half and half (or milk)
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 of a can sweetened condensed milk (more or less depending how sweet you like it)
more milk if too thick.
Blend together well in blender.  Taste and adjust. Pour into popsicle molds or styrofoam cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment