06 March, 2011

Recliner love & loathing

Recliners were clearly fashioned by men.  How many women do you see reclining in a recliner with their feet up reading the paper?   I haven't seen many.  I definitely don't think there is anything wrong with a man relaxing in a recliner after a long day's work.  I would just prefer to have a somewhat more chic piece of furniture in my living room.  Is that too much to ask?  


Fortunately I have managed nearly two decades of marriage recliner-free.  Don't worry though...my husband isn't comfort deprived. He loves his couch and falls asleep sprawled out on it nightly.  I am thankful to have a husband who lets me design and arrange our house however I see fit.  He has no
interest in design, and frankly if he did, I'd be a little afraid.
  
Of course these are only my personal views and style preferences and if you enjoy a big, puffed out  LaZyboy--more power to you.  Do what works for you.  I'm just sharing my opinions and likes/loves/dislikes here since this is my blog.  


So, there are some really cool recliner choices out there these days.  Recliners have come a looooooonnnggg way--thankfully!!  Below I've shared with you a few of my favorites.  enjoy. :)


ROOM & BOARD:  I love these first two-




http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product/detail.do?productGroup=6346&catalog=room&category=rm_living_spaces&subcategory=recliner


Isn't that a wonderful chair?
http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product/detail.do?productGroup=3129&catalog=room&category=rm_living_spaces&subcategory=recliner

                                    Eames recliner:  Absolutely beautiful!
I remember first seeing this chair in the movie Author! Author! when I was about 15 yrs. old. Diane Cannon owned an Eames chair exactly like the one above in the movie  and I remember thinking how extremely cool it was.  Popular again and very chic (I thought it always was). 



RESTORATION HARDWARE: a little traditional but i'm thinkin' comfy time

http://www.restorationhardware.com/search/results.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&ise=true&query=recliner&_D%3Aquery=+&hidden=&go.x=0&go.y=0&_D%3Ago=+&_DARGS=%2Fsitewide%2Fincludes%2Fheader%2Fsearch.jsp.header-searchform


POTTERY BARN: PB's old standby in a recliner.  Timeless.


http://www.potterybarn.com/products/manhattan-leather-recliner/?pkey=e%7Crecliner%7C3%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

CRATE AND BARREL: the gray color is pretty great.



Catch you some recliner love!













No comments:

Post a Comment