08 September, 2011

south seas steak quesadillas

The title of my blog is reminiscent of Wheel a Fortune's "Before and After" category.  I haven't watched that show in forever but I always liked that category.  Is it even still on?  I believe Pat Sajack's helmet hair could withstand just about anything-- rain, wind, natural disaster.  It would be the last thing standing for sure.  Anyway...I'd like to buy a vowel.  An "A" for Aqua net. 

Beef.  It's what's for........ whatever you want it to be for.  :)  

Top Sirloin is good.



 These cow tutorials always interest me.  I always seem to forget where each cut comes from though so a refresher is good.


Whenever top sirloin goes on sale I like to stock up.  I like the leanness of the meat and it's so great in so many different dishes.  


South Seas Steak is is one of my mainstay meals.  It's super easy, fairly healthy, and really tasty.  




South Seas Steak:
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper 


3 pounds top sirloin 
1 T. onion (fresh or dried is okay)  Mix marinade together and cut sirloin into strips.  Put it all into a zip lock bag and marinate at least 6 hours or overnight. 

 Drain marinade and place on a large jelly roll pan.  Turn on broiler and put meat  on the top rack of the oven 1-2 minutes for medium rare or longer if you like it more done. It's great with a baked potato and a salad.
 I got busy with dinner and forgot to take pictures after it was done.  sorry.  you should try this tho'.  I think you'll like it.



Now for the quesadilla bit...

So, if you have lots of leftover steak as I did quesadillas are a great lunch or dinner the next day
...

 Saute up some red peppers and red onions with a little salt.


 I like to brown my meat in the skillet a little while I heat it up for the quesadillas.
Butter your skillet,  lay your tortilla down, sprinkle a light layer of cheese (I like colby/jack blend), put on steak strips,  add some peppers and onions, sprinkle more cheese, and cover with another tortilla.  Butter that tortilla and flip.  Let melt and watch carefully so you don't burn it.


I serve this with homemade salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment