05 January, 2011

return to the land of the living (sort of)

Excuse my pictures today.  My camera was on manual and I couldn't get the settings right and I didn't feel like trying too hard. :)
After 4 1/2 days in bed with the flu today I finally have the energy to get outta bed, supervise some schoolwork, and make my kids a quick lunch.  All three of my boys and I have been taking turns at being sick since the day after Christmas. That is not a fun way to spend your vacation and I can't blame them for feeling a little gypped when your off days are spent in bed with a fever, chills, and horrible body aches. No fun.
I did a quick scan of my fridge this morning and noticed some produce that needed to be used, that along with a desire to drain some stuffed sinuses and noses(via jalepenos)lead me to make some pico de gallo.  Pico de gallo is one of my favorite things.  I can eat it with a spoon all my itself.  You can also drain a can of black beans, stir them in, and serve it with chips, then it's a little more satisfying and even a meal.  I didn't have beans so I just made the pico and piled it on some Boar's Head rosemary ham and jerk turkey sandwiches. 




PICO DE GALLO:
5-6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
3-4 jalepenos, chopped fine (less if you like mild)
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 lime 
kosher salt
Chop first 3 ingredients and toss together. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime in and kosher salt to taste.  Serve with chips or anything you might like it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment