05 January, 2011

Sofa talk

My leather sofas have seen better days.  We need some new furniture. We've actually been looking for some for a couple years now, but I, unfortunately, haven't found anything in my price range that I like enough to purchase knowing I will undoubtedly have to live with it for another ?? years. :)  I'm totally open to coordinating different pieces if we could make that work.  I also don't mind vintage or gently used pieces.  I will have to know the background of the piece tho' and give it a thorough "smell down" before any decisions are made.  I get the funniest looks when i go to look at furniture.  Some people will sit down first.  Some people rub the nap back and forth with their fingers. Some take off the cushions.  I am a smeller.  I give the sofa the "smell down".  I have the nose of a bloodhound (sometimes much to my dismay) and if the couch has been smoked on, peed on (or worse), vomited on, etc... my nose most often will warn me. STAY AWAY! This is probably the reason we most often buy new furniture.  There is some really nice furniture to be had out there though.  Classifieds, Craigslist (always be cautious), and garage sales can be terrific resources to find some really nice pieces.
Leather is what we like for its durability and ease in cleaning.


Here's some of my favorites:
A Chesterfield is not practical in size (for a large family) or cost but I still love it.


Loooovve it. If only I had $15,000 to spend on a sectional all would be settled.
http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod170009&categoryId=cat1537037

No comments:

Post a Comment