01 October, 2010

1/2 Whole Wheat- Buttermilk- Blueberry Pancakes

  That is a mouthful to say.  This a.m. I used my regular buttermilk pancake recipe (that I could assemble blindfolded with my hands tied behind my back) and replaced 1 c. of regular flour with whole wheat flour.  My kids eat whole wheat bread but they are picky when it comes to their pancakes.  I have to say they loved the results and I will be making them this way from now on.  Of course nothing tastes better on pancakes than 100% pure maple syrup.  Happy Friday. :)
1/2 Whole Wheat- Buttermilk- Blueberry Pancakes:
1 c. Whole wheat flour
1 c. All purpose flour
4 T. sugar
4 T. baking powder
big dash salt
2 eggs
2 c. buttermilk (add more if you like a thinner cake)
4 T. canola oil.
blueberries
butter
Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Butter your skillet and pour in a large spoonful of batter.  Take a handful of blueberries and place them onto your pancake.  Cook until bubbles begin to appear.  Flip and cook until done (about 1-2 min.).

No comments:

Post a Comment