25 October, 2010

M&M's cookied

On my boys way out the door to their last robotics meeting of the year. They  informed me there were no cookies for their lunches tomorrow.  They attend home school tutorial all day on Tuesdays.  Being the loving, caring momma that I am :) I decided to whip them up some quickly after dinner.  
I do a lot of baking in the fall and winter so I keep large bags of baking staples on hand.  
                                         Cookie dough is magical.
 My mom got me these terrific industrial cookie sheets.  I love using them.  They are the best I've ever owned.  The cookies always come out wonderfully and the sheets are easy to get clean and stay looking new.

You may think M&M cookies are boring, but this is a very good recipe. Unlike chocolate chip cookies, M&M cookies have an almost cake like taste to them.  I always use butter rather than shortening.  I may not have a fluffy cookie, but I do have a delicious buttery cookie. I save the shortening for pie crusts.  



M&M's cookied

  • 1 c. packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup shortening (I use BUTTER)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 c. M&M's
  1. In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add 3/4 cup of M&M candies.
  2. Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 9 to 11 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment